Surrounded by high mountains, Huayna Potosi is one of the most popular climbs in Bolivia, as it’s a straight forward climb up a glacier mountain, revealing some of the most incredible views. If you are a lover of climbing or wanting to experience a glacier mountain climb for the first time, this is a great opportunity! Here at Magri Turismo we have designed a packaged that provides you with everything you need alongside a team of specialists whom will accompany you the entire time to ensure you are comfortable, safe and enjoying the experience!
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||La Paz|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8:00 a.m.|
|WHAT TO BRING||
|REMARK||Mountaineering time is from May to November.|
Day 1. La Paz - High Camp
- Our journey will start with a road trip from La Paz to the slopes of Huayna Potosí 4,650 m.a.s.l. / 15,255 ft. (2 hours). We will begin our ascent towards Las Rocas, at 5,270 m.a.s.l. / 16,732 ft. (4 hours).
- We will arrive to “Casa de los Guías” refuge at 5.270 m.a.s.l. / 17.290 ft. This is where dinner will be served.
- Overnight in a tent provided by us.
- Includes: Lunch, dinner and tent.
Day 2. Huayna Potosí Summit, La Paz
- Early rise to appreciate the sunrise! We will climb to the summit at 6.088 m.a.s.l. / 19.973 ft. (8 hours).
- You will have plenty of time to celebrate your victorious ascent and take pictures of this unique moment! Afterwards, we will begin our descent back to the base camp, from where you will be picked up to return to La Paz.
- Includes: Breakfast and lunch.