If you are a lover of subtropical nature, hikes and simply being in the outdoors this tour is perfect for you. Explore with us Samaipata, Serranía and Refugio Volcanes, a tropical rainforest with crystalline waterfalls.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Santa Cruz|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Around 8 a.m.|
|WHAT TO BRING||
|REMARKS||Yellow fever vaccination is recommended.|
Day 1. Santa Cruz, Samaipata, El Fuerte Ruins
- Starting from Santa Cruz, you will travel towards Samaipata (120 km – 3 hours).
- The first stop will be at “El Fuerte” ruins. This amazing place offers incredible views and the chance to explore the greatest example of pre- Hispanic architecture on a rock in South America. It was declared Cultural Heritage by UNESCO.
- Our next stop will be Samaipata, a beautiful and pitoresque town.
- Overnight at El Pueblito Resort, where dinner will be served.
- Includes: lunch, dinner and accommodation.
Day 2. La Yunga (Half Day) and Serrranía Volcanes
- This day will be devoted to relaxing in nature. First we will hike along the paths of an amazing fern forest.
- Afterwards, we will visit Serranía Volcanes (1 hour and a half) and “Refugio Los Volcanes”, hidden in a deep valley surrounded by rainforests and crystal-clear waterfalls.
- Please note that these are the allowed entry times: from 09:30 to 16:00.
- This place offers serveral paths to hike and be awed with nature and unique views. They also offer great diversity when it comes to orchids, bromeliads and different species of animals.
- Overnight at “Refugio Los Volcanes” where dinner will be served.
- Includes: Breakfast, lunch, dinner and accommodation.
Day 3. Serranía Volcanes, Santa Cruz
- You will enjoy one last hike through the trails of the Amboró National Park with a local guide before returning to Santa Cruz.
- Includes: Breakfast and lunch.