If you are an outdoors enthusiast this 3 days and 2 nights trek is perfect for you! Offering spectacular views – the landscapes encountered will blow your mind, not to forget the amount of wild life you will be able to observe along the way. If you’re lucky you might even spot a few condors!
We, Magri Turismo, have thought of everything for you, leaving you free to concentrate on the trek ahead and capture the entire journey.
|DEPARTURE /RETURN LOCATION||La Paz|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8:00 a.m.|
|WHAT TO BRING||
|REMARK||Trekking time is from May to November.|
Day 1. La Paz, Rinconada, Chiarkota Lagoon
- Our tour will start in La Paz. Today we will cross the highlands by private vehicle until we reach the foothills of the Andes Mountain Range.
- Your trek starts at La Rinconada (access point). You will continue uphill towards Chiarkhota 4.650 m.a.s.l. /15.255 pies (1 hour). On the way, you will cross by a few other lagoons. This is where we will camp.
- Overnight in camp. Dinner will be served, and you will spend the night in a tent provided by us.
- Includes: Lunch, dinner and tent.
Day 2. Chiarkota lagoon and Ancoma
- This will be a long and exciting day. After climbing the first summit, we will descend to a small valley and then climb again to reach the second summit. They are both at 4.630 m.a.s.l. / 15.190 pies (3 hours), and offer breathtaking views!
- We will continue our trek towards Pampa León where we will be able to appreciate a canyon and a river, and we will reach a small lagoon called Liviñosa.
- Our next stop will be Ancohuma, where we will camp at 3,800 m.a.s.l. / 12.467 ft. (7 hours).
- Dinner will be served, and you will spend the night in a tent provided by us.
- Includes: Breakfast, lunch, dinner and tent.
Day 3. Ancoma, Botijlaca, La Paz
- Today, our journey won’t be too long. We will have a 30 min. trek ahead, until we arrive to Botijlaca (3.550 m.a.s.l. / 11.646 ft). It is a small town where one of the hydroelectric plants of the Zongo Valley is located.
- Transfer back to La Paz (3 hours).
- Includes: Breakfast and lunch.
Itinerary subject to modifications