Event that takes place annually (last weekend of the month of August) in the Jesuit Missions of Chiquitos. You can enjoy 3 days of culture, Baroque / Missionary music concerts and plays in 10 different venues. During the tour you will appreciate the living culture of young children, the Heritage that distinguishes it as a Cultural Heritage of Humanity and the great variety of natural attractions that will make your trip an unforgettable experience.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Santa Cruz|
|DEPARTURE TIME||23-25 agosto 2019|
|WHAT TO BRING||
Day 1: August 23
- Enjoy an amazing road trip through “Chiquitanía”, passing Rio Grande and San Ramón onto the Jesuit Mission of San Javier. It is a beautiful colonial city, declared Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO.
- Traveling through savannas and forests you will reach the Santa Rita weaving community where you can observe the skill with which artisan women make textiles according to traditional customs.
- Your next stop will be San Ignacio de Velasco where you will visit the church.
- Then you will arrive at “La Misión” hotel where you will spend the night and dinner will be served.
- Includes: Lodging, lunch and dinner
Day 2: August 24
- After breakfast, you will travel to the Santa Ana mission to appreciate the only church built purely by indigenous and mestizos, despite having been initiated by the Jesuits. It has a country aspect and is small in relation to the other churches.
- Continue to San Miguel and San Rafael, visiting its churches, also declared Cultural Heritage of Humanity by Unesco.
- In the afternoon, you will go to the town of Concepción, the largest mission center with an impressive value.
- Optional in San Miguel: Visit the restoration workshops.
- The night will be spent at “Gran Hotel Concepción”, where dinner will also be served.
- Includes: Lodging, breakfast, lunch and dinner
Day 3: August 25
- Today you will visit the church of Concepción, a true jewel of the 18th century. Its colonial Baroque-style temple is complemented by the missionary museum, where original scores of Renaissance Baroque music are preserved.
- Return to Santa Cruz.
- Includes: Breakfast and lunch